Monday, February 4, 2013

a much needed update!

So, how has life been for the Stewarts?

Crazy. Hectic. Busy. and Wonderful.

Last Summer, Chad lost his job. He had worked for Walmart off and on for five years, but when they lay off, they always seem to cut his field {loss prevention} first.

He searched and searched for a job and I worked and worked at mine. I love{d} my job, but it is definitely a  demanding one!

When our luck was running short here, we had a long talk and said, really, we could live anywhere. Anywhere in Texas. and be happy.

My parents recently retired here:


Although I wasn't sure it would happen, on a whim I told Chad to apply there and see what happened. So he applied, and we prayed. And prayed. And prayed.

And he got a phone call. For a first interview.

And then a second.

And then a third.

And then an offer! Doing what he loves, but in a better atmosphere {HEB's warehouse}, with better people, and near the ocean! (And my family!)

We continued to pray about it and really felt (for the first time in my life really) LED by God to make this move. The way things didn't work out for him here, but so easily fell into place there.

He accepted, they had him start instantly, and I put notice in at my job and just finished it up Saturday. I will miss my job; but I am excited for this opportunity for Chad, and excited to seek a position teaching again.

So this week, it is just Kent and I -- both off, me not working and him not in daycare. I am getting my taste of what a SAHM is like, and am loving it. We are of course, packing boxes like crazy and trying to get everything ready to move in the meantime, but we are so excited to move towards family and to raise him around the ocean!

I am really, really, really, going to try to keep this blog updated going forward. :)

1 comment:

Leslie said...

So happy for you guys! Who wouldn't love living at the beach!