Thursday, January 12, 2012

Poor Kent... :(


My little guy has had a cough for the last three or four days that gradually got worse. I tried to get him into his Pediatrician yesterday, but their hours / appointments available were not working with my work hours. On the way home, Kent's cough was pretty bad so I just pulled into an Urgent Pediatric Care and brought him there.

I was pleasantly surprised with the facilities / staff - they were GREAT! {and only a $20 co-pay made them THAT much greater!}

However, I was heartbroken to find out my little guy had RSV - a respiratory infection and needs breathing treatments for the next few days!

The doctor spent literally an hour with Kent, checking his vitals, giving him a breathing treatment, checking his vitals, giving him another breathing treatment, and answering ALL of my scared-new-mom questions! Thankful & grateful for a patient doctor!

Today I had to stay home from work to take care of Kent -- it looks like I might be staying home tomorrow too; but I don't mind and I just want my little guy to feel better!

So, send us some good vibes... :) for little man to get well and for me to be strong for him! Right now, we are giving the treatments every four hours so it's back to being like raising a newborn... very little sleep, lots of stress, but lots of cuddling too!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Praying for you and for Kent to feel better soon! We miss you around here.