Friday, March 30, 2012

Favorite Kitchen Gadgets

I have to say, I love my new job! I love really working with families of kiddos and helping them get the academic help they need. The hours have taken some getting used to after being on "teacher schedule" for so long (7-4! Now I work anywhere from 8-5, 10-6, or 11-7) With the new hours, I've had to learn how to really cut time in the kitchen so the nights I get home "late", I can still get dinner on the table relatively quickly.

Here are my favorite gadgets that have cut my time down... :)

#1 - Crockpot!



This little guy is my BEST friend in the kitchen. I love it for making baked potatoes, chicken, soups, chilis, tacos, and more! You just throw a few ingredients in it, turn it on LOW and 8 hours later.... have a delicious meal!

#2 - Automatic Can Opener!



This thing ROCKS! I hate messing with the manual can openers, and they always get rusty and hard to turn and gross. You just connect the can to the top of this thing and it opens it for you in seconds. I use it almost every day. LOVE IT.

#3 - Keurig Coffee Maker



We got this one on a whim when we found it for 50% off. It has become our favorite thing in the kitchen! You can make a cup of coffee in seconds, don't have to mess with a full pot, don't have to worry about leaving it on, and everyone can have the type of coffee they like. We are sad that this little guy is starting to go out.... but are planning on getting the top of the line one when we move into our new house because we love it so much!


Now, what do I dream of owning in my kitchen?



Swoon. ;) I would love to have one of these mixers one day... ;) I just can't ever justify spending $300 on it. Maybe for a gift to myself one day?

No comments: