Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christmas Break.... starts.... NOW!

I can hear the Hallelujah chorus! My Christmas break JUST started. The school I teach at now remains open this week, but doesn't do curriculum on these days.... SO... I begged and pleaded my way into two extra days off, and we do get Monday off, so no work for FIVE days! They will be jam-packed full of fun, believe me!

A few random things and thoughts...

+ Kent & I will be making a gingerbread house tomorrow.... :) Pictures for sure!

+ My brother is flying in from Indiana, so I will be spending lots of time with my family over this mini-break.

+ May I just add, I have THE sweetest students in the world! They spoiled me this year with lovely gifts and I was honestly overwhelmed and almost got a little teary eyed when I made my third trip to the car carrying presents out. I am blessed!

+ This year has definitely had it's ups and downs, but all of it has honestly made Chad and I's faith stronger, as well as our relationship. It's funny how you can be so stressed about a situation, but when you fully hand it over to God and let Him take control -- you find peace in it. So I'll end with wise words from Jeremy Camp:

"I don't know if I will ever understand the depth of what it is you've done inside,
But I know that I will won't find any worth apart from You. Everything that I have has been given so unselfishly, and shown that even when I don't deserve You, You always show the fullness of your love."

No comments: